The day was winding down, it was getting darker and I was definitely ready to put my feet up. So I took the long way to the train station. Passed my aunt’s old house, which she’d pointed out earlier – apparently the prince lived just next door?! Time to go home.
After lunch (of stroopwafels) I caught this little girl dancing (a.k.a. swaying adorably) to the street musicians. And recommenced aimlessly meandering. Little boats were drifting down the canals, packed with families enjoying the (attempted) sunshine. There were antiques everywhere. And people on bikes! Did you know that M.I.A. used to be a …read more
My last morning in Berlin, we woke up early and got breakfast at Manolo. Time for a six hour trainride to the Netherlands. (although I neeeeeeeeeeeeeever wanted to leave!!) After arriving just in time for dinner (it was Spargel season!) and a very, very long night’s sleep, the relatives & I decided …read more
It was 2:30 by the time I woke up. I looked at the clock and swore loudly. How could I have wasted half of my one full day in Berlin sleeping?! M. had already been up and about for a few hours, so we decided to go out and get lunch (or, …read more
When I left Pforzheim, the whole place was deserted for some holiday. Time to get to Berlin! A good friend of mine was living in a picture-perfect Prenzlauer Berg WG – graffiti in the stairwells, chipped paint on the walls, avant-garde theatre roommates and weird flea market finds / art school projects …read more
- What’s up with Tbilisi, Georgia? LOVE IS. 22 October, 2012
- Swimming in the River Kwai: The joy of ditching plans 25 January, 2013
- Life at the #BlogHouse: serious intimidation in Besalu, Spain 11 October, 2012
- Broken bones, insane travels and life-upheaval: 2012 in review 31 December, 2012
- Bright stars and woodsmoke: A week on a farm in Thailand 10 February, 2013
- If you give a kid a camera…: Photos by Lantan kids in Laos 11 May, 2013
- 5 Things from the West I Didn’t Know I Missed 3 May, 2013
- Folk religion in Burma: Nat worship at Mount Popa 16 April, 2013
- Burma: Believe the Hype 19 March, 2013
- Dancing at the base of the mountain: the Shambhala Festival, Thailand 5 March, 2013
- Molly Latour: Excellent blog! Do you have any tips and hints for...
- Naomi Alyssa: Thank you so much!! :)...
- Naomi Alyssa: Very cool! Did you publish the shots anywhere?...
- Naomi Alyssa: YES! I once tried to coerce a boyfriend into bring...
- acooljerk: Wow... your About page just described my wildest d...