Well. This is one for the records. Admittedly, I was considering starting this post with a pun about the world not ending in 2012, but still being explosive (harhar), but then thought I’d spare you. We could do with less cheesy hyperboles. But honestly – it’s difficult to explain the immensity of …read more
There’s a curious quality about travelling. Time begins to suspend. You arrive in a place, not entirely sure of what day it is. You stay for another, and forget when you first came. You know you’ll have to leave at some point, but have trouble visualising what will happen next. Days begin …read more
It was Monday, and I was dumbstruck. Now, you and I both know that Mondays suck. No matter how much you might like where-ever you wind up at the beginning of the work-week, it still marks the end of the weekend and the resumption of drab responsibilities. Any other Monday, I might …read more
So what happened in Borneo? Oh, y’know, just: – finally getting SCUBA certified – …and diving Sipadan, one of the most famous dive sites in the world – …and seeing massive sea turtles, whitetip sharks, moray eels, stingrays, giant groupers, neon frogfish, camouflaging cuttlefish, lionfish, stonefish, and octopi (just to name a …read more
El Nido, the Philippines So, that next test I briefly alluded to in the last post? Well, I better hope that I’m really over my broken leg, because I’m about to tackle much harsher terrain than the city streets of Japan… Third largest island on the planet. One of the oldest rainforests …read more
- What’s up with Tbilisi, Georgia? LOVE IS. 22 October, 2012
- Swimming in the River Kwai: The joy of ditching plans 25 January, 2013
- Life at the #BlogHouse: serious intimidation in Besalu, Spain 11 October, 2012
- Broken bones, insane travels and life-upheaval: 2012 in review 31 December, 2012
- Is that it?!: A RTW ultralight packing list for women 3 October, 2012
- If you give a kid a camera…: Photos by Lantan kids in Laos 11 May, 2013
- 5 Things from the West I Didn’t Know I Missed 3 May, 2013
- Menorca: A Hidden Mediterranean Island Paradise 22 April, 2013
- Folk religion in Burma: Nat worship at Mount Popa 16 April, 2013
- Burma: Believe the Hype 19 March, 2013
- Molly Latour: Excellent blog! Do you have any tips and hints for...
- Naomi Alyssa: Thank you so much!! :)...
- Naomi Alyssa: Very cool! Did you publish the shots anywhere?...
- Naomi Alyssa: YES! I once tried to coerce a boyfriend into bring...
- acooljerk: Wow... your About page just described my wildest d...