The last time I was here was about three years ago, when my mother and I spent a long weekend tracking down the apartment buildings we used to live in. It was the first time I had ever heard her speak Dutch! (she always claimed that she couldn’t learn it.) I’m a …read more
Man, I hope you all are following the World Cup as fervently as I am. I nearly cried with happiness when Friedrich scored a goal during Germany’s game against Argentina – finally, my favourite defender gets some glory!! But let’s get back to the matter at hand, shall we? Amsterdam in the …read more
The day was winding down, it was getting darker and I was definitely ready to put my feet up. So I took the long way to the train station. Passed my aunt’s old house, which she’d pointed out earlier – apparently the prince lived just next door?! Time to go home.
After lunch (of stroopwafels) I caught this little girl dancing (a.k.a. swaying adorably) to the street musicians. And recommenced aimlessly meandering. Little boats were drifting down the canals, packed with families enjoying the (attempted) sunshine. There were antiques everywhere. And people on bikes! Did you know that M.I.A. used to be a …read more
My last morning in Berlin, we woke up early and got breakfast at Manolo. Time for a six hour trainride to the Netherlands. (although I neeeeeeeeeeeeeever wanted to leave!!) After arriving just in time for dinner (it was Spargel season!) and a very, very long night’s sleep, the relatives & I decided …read more
- What’s up with Tbilisi, Georgia? LOVE IS. 22 October, 2012
- Swimming in the River Kwai: The joy of ditching plans 25 January, 2013
- Life at the #BlogHouse: serious intimidation in Besalu, Spain 11 October, 2012
- Broken bones, insane travels and life-upheaval: 2012 in review 31 December, 2012
- Bright stars and woodsmoke: A week on a farm in Thailand 10 February, 2013
- If you give a kid a camera…: Photos by Lantan kids in Laos 11 May, 2013
- 5 Things from the West I Didn’t Know I Missed 3 May, 2013
- Menorca: A Hidden Mediterranean Island Paradise 22 April, 2013
- Folk religion in Burma: Nat worship at Mount Popa 16 April, 2013
- Burma: Believe the Hype 19 March, 2013
- Matt T. Hew: You've been soooo sexy with your long leg cast......
- Austen: This sounds so amazing! i will def look this up as...
- Mike E.: Did you eat at chi cha in Arequipa? My first Alpa...
- Mike E.: "Working with mummies" sounds like a name for a ...
- Endri Hasanaj: You have such an amazing way with words and these ...