For a moment, I thought I had somehow wandered into a scene from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Night had descended and suddenly throngs of people in carnival costumes were rushing past me: dancers reflecting the flourescent colours of their clothing off the strips of sequins on their chests, a man …read more
Despite clear blue skies and cool 65F average temperature, Arica was half deserted when we arrived. Typically famous among nomadic surfer hippies for the crazy breakers around its shoreline, the whole place dies in the middle of the South American winter. Thankfully, you can hang out with its other claim to fame, …read more
- What’s up with Tbilisi, Georgia? LOVE IS. 22 October, 2012
- Swimming in the River Kwai: The joy of ditching plans 25 January, 2013
- Life at the #BlogHouse: serious intimidation in Besalu, Spain 11 October, 2012
- Broken bones, insane travels and life-upheaval: 2012 in review 31 December, 2012
- Is that it?!: A RTW ultralight packing list for women 3 October, 2012
- If you give a kid a camera…: Photos by Lantan kids in Laos 11 May, 2013
- 5 Things from the West I Didn’t Know I Missed 3 May, 2013
- Menorca: A Hidden Mediterranean Island Paradise 22 April, 2013
- Folk religion in Burma: Nat worship at Mount Popa 16 April, 2013
- Burma: Believe the Hype 19 March, 2013
- Naomi Alyssa: They knew what they wanted to shoot :)...
- Naomi Alyssa: Oh, next time - that sounds truly spectacular!...
- Naomi Alyssa: I did - I spent four weeks there for my archaeolog...
- Naomi Alyssa: LOVE those. So much charisma!...
- Amanda: How cute! And what a great way to bond with people...