Massive teepees, waist-length dreadlocks, rainbow bunting and mystic dance circles: just one weekend at the Shambhala In Your Heart Festival in Chiang Dao put me up close and personal with a perfect slice of northern Thailand’s hippie scene. Started by a pair of Japanese and Thai friends, Shambhala Festival is an annual …read more
Did you know that you can build your own Milky Way? It’s simple, really. You need a field, a crowd, a few candle wicks and some pale paper lanterns. These will be your baby stars. Working with a massive group of stranger works better for the ‘wow’ factor, but a tighter group …read more
This was my weekend to feel like a panda. Damyang has been on my Korea bucket list for a while, as it’s known around the country for its bamboo forests. Since its annual festival came around last weekend, two friends and I finally had a concrete excuse to go. Stalls with bamboo …read more
For a moment, I thought I had somehow wandered into a scene from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Night had descended and suddenly throngs of people in carnival costumes were rushing past me: dancers reflecting the flourescent colours of their clothing off the strips of sequins on their chests, a man …read more
- What’s up with Tbilisi, Georgia? LOVE IS. 22 October, 2012
- Swimming in the River Kwai: The joy of ditching plans 25 January, 2013
- Life at the #BlogHouse: serious intimidation in Besalu, Spain 11 October, 2012
- Broken bones, insane travels and life-upheaval: 2012 in review 31 December, 2012
- Bright stars and woodsmoke: A week on a farm in Thailand 10 February, 2013
- Matt T. Hew: You've been soooo sexy with your long leg cast......
- Austen: This sounds so amazing! i will def look this up as...
- Mike E.: Did you eat at chi cha in Arequipa? My first Alpa...
- Mike E.: "Working with mummies" sounds like a name for a ...
- Endri Hasanaj: You have such an amazing way with words and these ...