I was thirteen the first time I went, armed with a free ticket, a film camera, and one of my closest friends. This time, I’ve got a cheap ticket, a digital camera (or two), and a smattering of old and new acquaintances. And slightly better vegetarian survival phrases! Highlights to include: . …read more
13 years old and I was getting a free trip to Japan. Having a friend whose father works for United definitely has its perks. Like so many preteens, we were in the height of our anime obsession, and our nine days abroad felt like a hajj. Somehow, I was appointed translator, even …read more
- What’s up with Tbilisi, Georgia? LOVE IS. 22 October, 2012
- Swimming in the River Kwai: The joy of ditching plans 25 January, 2013
- Life at the #BlogHouse: serious intimidation in Besalu, Spain 11 October, 2012
- Broken bones, insane travels and life-upheaval: 2012 in review 31 December, 2012
- Bright stars and woodsmoke: A week on a farm in Thailand 10 February, 2013
- If you give a kid a camera…: Photos by Lantan kids in Laos 11 May, 2013
- 5 Things from the West I Didn’t Know I Missed 3 May, 2013
- Menorca: A Hidden Mediterranean Island Paradise 22 April, 2013
- Folk religion in Burma: Nat worship at Mount Popa 16 April, 2013
- Burma: Believe the Hype 19 March, 2013
- Naomi Alyssa: Thank you so much!! :)...
- Naomi Alyssa: Very cool! Did you publish the shots anywhere?...
- Naomi Alyssa: YES! I once tried to coerce a boyfriend into bring...
- acooljerk: Wow... your About page just described my wildest d...
- Ryan: I once let some kids in a Jakarta slum use my Cano...